Palmer Environmental Consulting Group is a vibrant, young company focused on providing resourceful solutions for our clients. Our successes are a direct result of the effort of each and every member of our team. We have an exceptionally high retention rate and we offer a mix of diverse projects, career mentoring opportunities and collaboration with top professionals in the country.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our growing team of professionals that include ecologists, fisheries biologists, geomorphologists and hydrogeologists to work in a dynamic and collaborative work environment on multi-disciplinary projects.
PECG is committed to employment equity and encourage all qualified applicants to apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
SENIOR FISHERIES BIOLOGIST
Submission Deadline: Monday August 21, 2017
We are seeking an Senior Fisheries Biologist to join our team in Vancouver, BC. The successful candidate will be working on projects across Canada, with a focus in British Columbia, Alberta, the Greater Toronto Area and the North.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership for fisheries and aquatic science on all projects
- Lead the successful completion of high quality technical reports
- Perform data analysis, including advanced statistical knowledge, and interpret complex data
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary group
- Promote fisheries and aquatic services and develop new opportunities
- Perform senior level project activities, such as project/budget management and report writing
- Provide mentorship and supervision to junior and intermediate staff
Skills & Qualifications
- M.Sc. or Ph.D degree related to fisheries science
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, including consulting experience in the BC mining sector
- Excellent knowledge of the Fisheries Act
- Strong experience developing fish offsetting plans
- Strong experience with in stream flow modelling
- Multi-jurisdictional knowledge of environmental regulations, policies and permit application processes
- Experience in budgeting and project management
- Valid driver’s licence
- Registration (or eligibility for registration) as a Professional Biologist (R.P.Bio) in BC
Commensurate with level of education and industry experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 21, 2017. We thank all those who apply, but only applicants that are shortlisted will be contacted.