We have a current opening for a CAD Technician/Technologist based in Ontario. We are
seeking candidates skilled in working with AutoCAD Civil 3D software to support the design of environmental projects across Canada. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge and experience with AutoCAD software, and interest in the natural environment.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of SLR Consulting (Canada) Ltd. (SLR), Palmer Environmental Consulting Group Inc. (Palmer) is part of a global consultancy firm providing environmental and advisory solutions to clients, with a team of over 3,000 talented professionals delivering advice and support in Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Africa. Palmer’s expertise builds on SLR’s existing environmental capabilities, creating one of the largest environmental teams in Canada. Palmer and SLR recognize the synergies in services related to fisheries, aquatic, and terrestrial ecology, hydrogeology, water resources, geology and geomorphology and continue to further expand and diversify the range of services and technical depth in Ontario and British Columbia.
What We’re Looking For:
- A technical diploma, CAD certificate or equivalent, or educational background in a relevant discipline
- In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3D software
- Experience processing and working with raw topographic and bathymetric survey data to develop site plans and digital terrain models
- Experience adhering to drafting standards to produce engineering plan sets which include surfaces, alignments, and profile views
- Attention to detail and ability to review drafts before submitting to team
- Ability to work efficiently and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with GIS software (ArcGIS, QGIS)
- Entry of borehole log data into CAD to develop geological cross-sections and/or profiles
- Experience drafting habitat restoration and natural channel designs
- Experience preparing quantity takeoffs and construction cost estimates from engineering plans
- Experience developing and modifying digital terrain models to represent existing and proposed conditions and configuring them for use in grading plans and hydraulic models
- Topographic surveying skills with total station and RTK GPS
- Experience with RPAS (i.e. drone) equipment
- Background in natural sciences or engineering, particularly water resources, natural resources, geology, or biology
- Knowledge of gINT, Microstation, HYPACK, and/or HEC-RAS software
At Palmer, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equitable employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our application process aims to reduce bias by using a questionnaire to assess key skills. All demographic details commonly found in CVs are kept separate until candidates are chosen for an interview.
In addition, appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).