Equinox Gold is proposing to mine a small, high-grade gold deposit midway between Merritt and Peachland, in southern British Columbia. The project is at a feasibility stage, while environmental baseline and effects assessments are being finalized in preparation for a Mines Act permit application amendment to the Ministry of Energy, Mines and Natural Gas.
Palmer Environmental Consulting Group Inc. (PECG) was retained in 2012 by Gold Mountain Mining Corporation to build and manage a team of industry-leading environmental experts to support the project through the permitting process. When GMMC was purchased by Trek in 2016 (which merged in 2017 to form Equinox Gold), PECG’s role as the lead environmental experts on the project continued. Since 2012, PECG has supported the project in the following specific roles:
- Project Management (including team management, client liaison, budget and scheduling management, and field logistics)
- Discipline lead for Air and Water Program
- Technical lead for Water Quality and Sediment Program
- Technical lead for Fish and Fish Habitat Program
- Technical lead for Terrain and Soils Program
- Support for permit application development