Palmer is seeking to hire a CAD Technician/Technologist to support our Toronto office on environmental projects across Ontario and elsewhere in Canada.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our growing team of professionals that include terrestrial and aquatic ecologists, geomorphologists, hydrogeologists, environmental scientists, and geotechnical engineers to work in a dynamic and collaborative work environment on multi-disciplinary projects.
Responsibilities will include:
– Working closely with the project team to provide drafting services, with guidance from the Project Manager
– Producing maps and drawings from a variety of spatial datasets including topographic data and field notes
– Preparing figures, maps, site plans, cross-sections, and profiles for inclusion in reports, proposals, and/or drawing packages
– Performing calculations (e.g. volume estimates) using CAD tools and provide technical assistance to project teams
– Entry of borehole log data into CAD to develop geological cross-sections and/or profiles
– Entry of laboratory analytical results into figures, site plans, and maps
– Ensuring compliance with company standards and procedures
– Managing schedule and tasks
– Working collaboratively and communicating effectively with the project team
– Periodically assisting with field data collection, including topographic data