Palmer is seeking to hire a Junior/Intermediate Ecologist to support our Toronto or Bracebridge office on a range of projects throughout Ontario.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our growing team of professionals that include terrestrial and aquatic ecologists, geomorphologists, hydrogeologists, and geotechnical engineers to work in a dynamic and collaborative work environment on multi-disciplinary projects.
The candidate must have strong field skills in plant identification, ecological land classification, wetland evaluation, and familiarity with wildlife habitat assessments. Work experience with Species at Risk is beneficial. Responsibilities will include:
– Completing project background reviews, field investigations, data compilation and analysis and report writing.
– Collecting field data and observations in an accurate and well-organized manner.
– Completing tree inventory and protection plans, edge management plans and contributing to restoration plans.
– Working collaboratively with the project team, with some understanding of integrating study disciplines.
– Reviewing and summarizing environmental policies and legislation such as municipal official plans and the Endangered Species Act.
– Assisting with environmental permitting and approval processes.
– Communicating effectively with project team members.
There are options to be based out of Palmer’s Toronto or Bracebridge office. The Ecologist will frequently work in the field at various projects sites throughout the GTA, Niagara Region, Halton Region, Peel Region, York Region, Simcoe County, Muskoka-Parry Sound Region, northern Ontario and potential opportunities in western Canada.
Commensurate with level of education and industry experience.