Palmer is seeking to hire an Intermediate Ecologist located in the Collingwood area.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our growing team of professionals that include terrestrial and aquatic ecologists, geomorphologists, hydrogeologists, and geotechnical engineers to work in a dynamic and collaborative work environment on multi-disciplinary projects.
The candidate must have strong field skills in plant identification, ecological land classification, wetland evaluation, and familiarity with wildlife habitat assessments. Work experience with Species at Risk screening and surveys is beneficial. Responsibilities will include:
– Completing project background reviews, field investigations, data compilation and analysis and report writing.
– Collecting field data and observations in an accurate and well-organized manner.
– Completing tree inventory and protection plans, edge management plans and contributing to restoration plans.
– Reviewing and summarizing environmental policies and legislation such as municipal official plans and the Endangered Species Act.
– Assisting with agency consultations.
– Assisting with environmental permitting and approval processes.
– Working collaboratively with the project team, with some understanding of integrating study disciplines.
– Managing project budgets, scheduling and deliverables
– Communicating effectively with clients and project team members.