Palmer is seeking to hire an Intermediate Environmental Scientist to support our Toronto office on due diligence projects across Ontario.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our growing team of professionals that include terrestrial and aquatic ecologists, geomorphologists, hydrogeologists, environmental scientists, and geotechnical engineers to work in a dynamic and collaborative work environment on multi-disciplinary projects.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– Conduct, manage, and coordinate Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, Site remediation, monitoring programs, and peer reviews;
– Conduct field investigations in an accurate and well organized manner;
– Oversee drilling activities and collecting soil and/or groundwater samples;
– Review and interpreting laboratory analytical results;
– Compile reports, tables, borehole logs, cross-sections, and figures;
– Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and applicable Regulations, Standards, and Guidelines;
– Collaborate with technical leads on the development of proposals for projects;
– Manage budgets, schedules, costing, and changes to ensure projects are delivered on target;
– Work on multiple projects, to support execution of scope/budget/schedule to meet client expectations;
– Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with the project team;
– Liaise with clients, regulators, and subcontractors.