Palmer is seeking to hire a Junior Environmental Scientist to support our Toronto office on due diligence projects across Ontario.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our growing team of professionals that include terrestrial and aquatic ecologists, geomorphologists, hydrogeologists, environmental scientists, and geotechnical engineers to work in a dynamic and collaborative work environment on multi-disciplinary projects.
– Conducting Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, and Site Remediation
– Reviewing historical records, environmental reports, figures, and tables
– Conducting field investigations in an accurate and well organized manner
– Preparing site specific health and safety plans for field investigations
– Coordinating and scheduling subcontractor services
– Overseeing drilling activities
– Collecting soil and/or groundwater samples
– Reviewing and interpreting laboratory analytical results
– Compiling reports, tables, borehole logs, cross-sections, and figures
– Ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and applicable Regulations, Standards, and Guidelines
– Managing schedule and tasks
– Working collaboratively and communicating effectively with the project team
– Knowledge of health and safety protocols
This position will be based out of Palmer’s Toronto office and includes frequent travel across southern Ontario for field work at various project sites. All candidates must have a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.