Palmer is a privately owned firm with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Bracebridge, and Whitehorse, servicing clients throughout Canada. Palmer was founded in 2010 to provide project direction and technical scientific services to support the environmental assessment and permitting process associated with mining, energy, municipal infrastructure, and land development projects. Palmer is an innovative and vibrant company that has assembled a versatile team of dedicated staff with technical expertise in fisheries biology, hydrogeology, aquatic and terrestrial ecology, water quality, fluvial geomorphology, geotechnical engineering, environmental review and permitting. At Palmer we are consistently recognized for the quality of our work, the strength of our people and for conducting our business with integrity.
Our Toronto office is seeking a Junior Hydrogeologist / Environmental Scientist for a full time, salaried opportunity.
At Palmer, we provide our Junior/ Intermediate staff the opportunity to be involved right from project start to finish through taking responsibility for field programs, data analysis and technical reporting. With experience, our staff will quickly find themselves helping write proposals, budget and invoice projects, and attend client meetings.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
– Plan, coordinate and conduct hydrogeological field investigation programs including drilling, test pitting, and installation of monitoring wells;
– Install, monitoring and assess wetland mini‐piezometers, staff gauges and dataloggers;
– Site wide and Feature Based Water Budget Assessments;
– Data entry and Technical Report preparation;
– Design and implement groundwater field sampling and testing programs;
– Hydrogeological assessment for infrastructure and land development projects;
– Aquifer testing (slug tests and pump tests); and
– Manage project tasks and budgets.