Palmer’s Water Management team is seeking to hire a Junior Water Resources Engineer, to support our group’s expanding involvement in both municipal water resources and mine water management projects across Canada.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, qualified candidate to join our growing team of environmental professionals that include hydrologists, water resources engineers, hydrogeologists, fluvial geomorphologists, environmental scientists, and terrestrial and aquatic ecologists.
The responsibilities of a Junior Water Resources Engineer are expected to include (but are not limited to):
– Performing baseline climate and hydrological studies for projects across Canada.
– Constructing and maintaining mine site water balance and water quality models.
– Performing hydrological modelling to evaluate rainfall-runoff responses (discrete and continuous).
– Hydrotechnical design of surface water management infrastructure.
– Hydraulic modelling of natural and engineered channels.
– Contributing to erosion risk assessment and design of natural and engineered channels.
– Installing and/or monitoring hydrometric and weather stations.
– Performing in-channel streamflow measurements and water quality sampling.
– Technical report writing.